Thursday, October 6, 2011

"California, here we come ... Good bye beautiful Oregon Coast

Sorry fans, but this will be a short blog.  I was too busy yesterday taking pictures around Gold Beach, doing laundry, doing a bit of bike maintenance and getting my haircut and I never got my blog updated.  I promised Kris that I would mention her in my blog, so if you are ever in Gold Beach, Oregon, make sure you stop in and get clipped by Kris at Fair Hair.  You can’t miss it if you are doing laundry because it is in the same building.  So today we rode 61 miles, did a bit of climbing and rolled in to California.  And today we had sun and tailwinds!  Good bye beautiful Oregon coast and hello California redwoods for the next few days.  Tomorrow is going to be a big ride, 80 miles with the most climbing we have done yet in a day, so I am retiring early.  I hope to say more later.  I want to say more about our lovely SAG team and some of the riders we have met on the road. But for now, good night, gotta go to sleep.







2 comments:

  1. Two states down, one to go. Admittedly, it is a long one in front of you. Oh, and yeah, I could have told you about North Bend. Whoops! Have fun in California. Be nice and fresh when you hop onto 1 in Leggett. And dont forget to drop into the Rockefeller Redwood Forest off 101 for some of the most spectacular redwoods that you will ever see and with no touristy hoopla!
    Joe Mc

    ReplyDelete